As Depop is a marketplace, it facilitates sales, rather than allowing buyers and sellers to transact directly from us. Therefore, all refunds must be arranged between the buyer and the seller.
As a private seller, you are not required to offer a refund for an item you sell. However, if you are a registered business, you must follow the relevant distance selling regulations. Keep in mind that offering refunds is also good business; it shows that you care about your buyers and can help build your reputation as a great seller.
We recommend clearly informing buyers of your return policy and/or putting your return policy in your shop's bio. If you can’t offer returns—particularly if you are selling items that might not match the expectations—offer the customer experience you’d love to receive yourself.
If you are using Classic Payment, you can refund your buyer from your PayPal account by doing the following:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- On the My Account Overview page, find the item you want to refund and click 'Details'
- If you don’t see the item that needs to be refunded, click 'All Activity'
- On the Transaction Details page, click 'Refund Payment'
- Follow the directions to issue a refund to your buyer
If you are using Depop Wallet:
- On the main profile page in the app, select 'Sold items'
- Select the item you wish to refund
- On the receipt, scroll down to 'Issue a refund'