Seller Protection ensures that your sale is covered in case of problems, such as:
- Item not arrived. The buyer reports not receiving the item you shipped
- Item not as described. The buyer reports receiving an item that is different from what you described
- The buyer claims their money back after receiving the item you sent (chargeback)
In order to be covered by Seller Protection, you must:
- sell your items inside the app by using the 'BUY' button.
- sell items that are not prohibited by our Prohibited Items List
- ship the item to the address included in the sale receipt located in Profile > Sold Items
- obtain and keep proof of shipping and delivery, i.e. a tracking code that can be verified online. This is the only proof accepted by PayPal.
- keep proof of shipping and delivery until the buyer confirms in writing that the item has been received.
How it works
If the buyer opens a dispute because the item never arrived or is not as described, we will contact you to inform you of this and the next steps to take. Please make sure that the e-mail address you’ve added to your Depop is updated and correct as we will contact you there.
Depop will help you in any way we can and provide you with the support and information you need.
We might ask you to provide proof of shipping and delivery (tracking code), or evidence that the item you sold was correctly described. Failure to provide the above might result in the dispute being closed in the buyer’s favour.
How to open a dispute
Open the app and go to Profile > Support > Help > Report a transaction problem > select ‘Sold Items’ and find the transaction you want to report.
If the item is not shown, it means that the transaction was not made in-app and will not be covered by Seller Protection. However, please report the issue anyway as we want to investigate any suspicious activity to protect the safety of the Depop Community.
As you know, PayPal is a trusted platform that we use, to always ensure your money is safe and your transactions are protected.
However, we value our community, so in the event something goes wrong and you have done everything by the book, we will ensure you don’t lose out.
As stated previously, the option ‘meet in person’ is not covered by either Buyer or Seller Protection, as neither we or PayPal are able to verify any shipping details.